Finally Recess
Time to sit back and have a cup of coffee

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

She got it!

Caitlyn had a blast trick-or-treating. It was however an adventurous start. We started at our next door neighbors house. She goes there frequently and even stayed there while I was in the hospital. Well tonight she threw herself down on the porch and curled into a ball. So we are thinking - short night. So we go to the next house. We don't even know the guy and she goes right up and picks a piece of candy. She carried that piece in her hand to the next couple of houses. Then it finally clicked. She started running to each door and running back to us saying, "I trick or treat." She called the candy trickertreat too. We went on a usually 12 minute walk for 1.5 hours. My feet are very tired. Brent was a trooper. I think he enjoyed the outdoors. It was a gorgeous night, in the high 70's when we began.

This week is parent-teacher conference. I have had a 7:30 conference each day so far, but tomorrow I don't. I'm so excited - that's like 20 more minutes of sleep!

I am so thankful to Peggy Smith, my long term sub. I have started teaching in the middle of the year before so I know all the difficulties a teacher can have when multiple teachers have come before you. I have a fantastic class and a great sub. I have stepped right back into the class with no issues. One of the biggest things I've noticed is that kids sharpen their pencils whenever they want and they think they can use my electric pencil sharpener. Now if you are going to have any problems, that's a good one to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment