Finally Recess
Time to sit back and have a cup of coffee

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Who let the dogs out?

Tonight was Jeff's first night back to normal hours. We are talking 9-6 instead of 9-9. He has been working extended hours to cover a co-worker for over 2 months now. We are over joyed to have him back for dinner.

I made dinner for the 2nd time this week and the 2nd time in 2 months tonight. Sad, I know. But the first of the school year is always interesting.

I made a great foil dinner with summer sausage, potatoes, onion and green peppers. Unfortunately I ran out of foil. But my good friend around the corner came to the rescue. So I threw the kids in the car and ran to borrow the foil.

Back in a jiffy to finish up the meal, I come back to the discover the dogs had eaten my supper. I felt like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Of course, I tell them (holler) at them to get outside, which in turn makes Caitlyn cry. Then Brent starts crying because Caitlyn is crying. Geez.

So we met dad out at a great restaurant! What I won't do for a meal without dish duty!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that the way it always goes? I hope school has calmed down. When you get a chance, post some new pics of the kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA!! OH STEPH!!!! I can just see it all unfolding. I'm so sorry! I'm glad you had a good restaurant night instead :). Dish free is the way to go! :).

    ReplyDelete