Finally Recess
Time to sit back and have a cup of coffee

Monday, May 19, 2008

Caitlyn Mishaps

We've had a lot of these lately.

This weekend Caitlyn painted her nails with black permanent Sharpie marker. She's had another run in with this exact marker before and we have been so good about keeping this marker out of her reach but of course we (or should I say I) messed up. Luckily I know from teaching that fingernail polish remover will remove permanent marker.
So then later that day she painted her nails with finger nail polish, but she was unsupervised. I was very upset with her and inquired where she had painted (and made the mess). She said, "On the napkin Mommy." She was very neat and clean.

Tonight it was quiet again and I found her in my bathroom licking the inside of the fingernail polish remover lid. GASP! Now mind you she had put toothpaste in it so I am sure it evened out the acetone and she had brought me the bottle and a cotton swab earlier to take off her polish earlier (while I was cooking). Now I wish I had stopped and put it away right then, I just thought I had time. So I called my Poison Control Center (Jeff) and he agreed with the back of the bottle to give her lots of fluids and believe me she is just fine.

So I was changing Brent's diaper and I thought she was following me up the stairs but I soon didn't hear anything so I started calling her name. I started fearing that she had passed out from the chemicals she had sampled earlier. Don't worry. I found her downstairs. Running out of my bedroom with chocolate all over her mouth. She had been hiding in the corner of my room. (Okay I am laughing as I read this because I remember experiences similar to this when I was a child!!! Sorry Mom and Dad!!!) Anyway, so she was hiding and eating a piece of Dove chocolate that she had stolen out of the pantry. What a stinker. So she had to go straight to bed and didn't get to watch "the music" or as we call it Dancing With the Stars with me.

When it rains it pours!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA. I'm sorry. I'm laughing so hard because it's so cute. It's cute because it's not my child though.

    ReplyDelete