Finally Recess
Time to sit back and have a cup of coffee

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Texas Corn Sausage Soup

I made this soup again tonight. It is one of our favorites. Tonight I made two dinners at one time. I also made a chicken in the crock pot. Both called for potatoes and celery so it made it super easy.

1 lg. Texas onion (a yellow onion)
veg. oil to brown onions only (I use olive oil)
1 lb. breakfast sausage
2 large potatoes
2 cups of water
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery
4-6 Tbs. chopped jalapeƱo (optional)
1 t. black pepper
2 t. red pepper
2 t. oregano
2 t. minced garlic
2 t. fresh parsley
2 cups buttermilk
1 can of corn (with juice)

Brown onion in large pan until translucent, with veg. oil. Add sausage and cook until browned. Peel and cut potatoes. Add potatoes and water to sausage mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes in covered pot. Add rest of ingredients and cook for 20-25 min.

Notes: I make the whole soup from start to finish in a large pot for easy clean up. Tonight I didn't have several ingredients and it was just as yummy - I didn't have green onions, TX onion, or green pepper. I have not included jalapeƱos since the kids were born. Be careful with the red peppers, just a little goes a long way. Believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment