Finally Recess
Time to sit back and have a cup of coffee

Friday, April 11, 2008

Newspaper and Coffee

Our 4th grade newspaper turned out awesome. It was 6 pages total, 3 pages back to back. It was large, 18 x 9 inch paper and really looked like a newspaper. We had breakfast goodies galore and most important we had coffee. Our room was set up like a cafe. We moved our desks together and covered our desks with colored butcher paper. We had about 7 tables total, so there was plenty of room for students and parents to hang out and read the newspaper.

Jeff brought Caitlyn and Brent also and it was fun to get to show off my little ones. If you haven't seen in earlier posts one of the teachers refers to my husband as "Dr. Hottie" and she noticed him in the building with my adorable son today. I think that is a cute nickname and I'm proud others think he is cute too! He is just as nice!

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, the event went very well. I am so proud of 4th graders! I have no idea how I can put the newspaper on here without spending hours whiting out their names for confidentiality reasons, but just know it turned out awesome.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful time with a wonderful teacher! What great things you do in your classroom. I'm very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to get parents into your classroom--Coffee! It sounds like it was such a success!

    ReplyDelete