Finally Recess
Time to sit back and have a cup of coffee

Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Dream Picture



I finally got my dream on Septemeber 9, 2007. It might sound silly but I have longed for a picture like the one above. I missed the opportunity to have a picture right after birth with Caitlyn because she had to be in the NICU for 5 days. So it was even more precious now. I have recently learned that I am not alone in this desire for a certain picture. A coworker recently had a baby at 30 weeks and her baby had to stay in the NICU for awhile. Well right before her baby was ready to come home the hospital gave her a chance to room in with her baby. She said it healed many wounds for her. I know it might sound silly, but it is a wonderful experience and I am so blessed to have had the opportunity.

Brent, I want you to know how much your sister loves you. Ever since the first time she crawled in bed beside me in the hospital she has been taking good care of you. She insisted to hold you immediately the first time she met you and she rushes to your side when you cry. She has never been jealous of you. She is a very good helper and loves putting your paci back in your mouth and choosing which diaper you should wear. Please remember how much she loves you because sometimes shes crams the paci in too hard. Or pushes the blanket over your face (I'm sure she is just trying to prop it against your paci so it won't fall out). Or when she is moving around on the couch so fast and bumps your head pretty hard. She doesn't mean to. She loves you very much.

We all love you so much and can't imagine life without you. You fit into our lives so well. You are such a sweet and precious boy. You seem to be getting on a schedule and my, how you love to eat. I love looking at you. If I had more time I would just sit with you on the couch all day and stare at you. You are starting to smile more often when I talk to you. You are my special baby boy and I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment